QUESTION: WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?
QUESTION: I HAVE SAID THE SINNER’S PRAYER / THE SALVATION’S PRAYER, WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
ANSWERS (A STEP BY STEP GUIDELINE TO BE SAVED):-
STEP 1) Accept Jesus (Matthew 10:32-33)
– This is the first step. By saying The Sinner’s Prayer (or sometimes this prayer is also known as ‘The Salvation Prayer’) out loud as a confession that you are accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior.
THE SINNER’S PRAYER / THE SALVATION PRAYER:-
Lord Jesus, I admit that I am a sinner.
I have done many things that do not please You.
I am sorry and I repent.
I ask you to forgive me.
I believe that You died on the cross
and rose again on the third day to save me.
From this day onwards,
I want to live in a way that pleases you.
I invite You to be my Lord and my Savior.
STEP 2) Read your Bible (Psalm 119:105) and pray (Jeremiah 29:12) everyday and as often as you can.
– Learn to put God first. Build a close relationship with God. Christianity is not a religion. It is about your personal relationship with God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible = what our Father Lord teaches us. We recommend you to start with the New Testament first. Attend Bible study groups/lessons.
- Prayer = communication = relationship with our Father Lord. Search for prayer guides on YouTube.
STEP 3) Hear the gospel (Romans 10:17)
– Go to the church as often as you can so you can grow spiritually. If there is no church around where you live or you do not have any transport to go to a church or you are not able to go to the church due to the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown, you can search for for and online church on the internet.
Some recommended YouTube online Sunday Services (in alphabetical order) are:-
- Excel Point Community Church
- Godlife Church
- Hollis Center Church
- Tabernacle of Praise
STEP 4) Repent daily (2 Corinthians 7:10)
– Pray and ask God to forgive us our sins daily. Pray to have a change of thinking, to stop sinning and a change of life.
STEP 5) Be baptized in the water (Act 22:16, Acts 2:38)
– Talk to a Pastor or a senior Christian to prepare you for a water baptism. In some churches, you may have to go through some classes before a water baptism.
STEP 6) Be baptized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38)
– Ask a Pastor or a senior Christian to help you to be baptized in the Holy Spirit.
STEP 7) Learn to bond with other brothers and sisters in Christ and grow as a family (John 13:34-35)(Colossians 3:12-17)
Last but not least, do not be shy to ask anything if you have any questions so you can grow.
In Christ we serve